Into the Wild Final Paragraph questions
Select one of the following questions to complete your paragraph on. Please ensure that it is a proper formal paragraph that includes:
- a hook
- a proper thesis
- author and title of the book (underlined or italicized)
- at least two examples (embedded quotations)
- explanation of the significance of the example/quotations
- conclusion/comment/call to action
- Sentence and vocabulary variety
- Transition words
- ONE paragraph (not an essay or multi-paragraphs)
- Do not use "I", "I think", "In my opinion", "In this essay I will discuss" etc
1.Is it possible for a biography to be truly impartial? Is Into the Wild?
2.Is McCandless truly compassionate, as he is often described?
3.In Krakauer’s depiction of McCandless, is he a flat or round character? Static or dynamic?
4.Explain how McCandless’s quest for “ultimate freedom” is inherently selfish.
5.How does Krakauer’s authorial presence affect McCandless’s story?
6.What does Into the Wild posit as the core of the problems between McCandless and his father?
7.What specific appeal does the wilderness have for all the adventure seekers described in Into the wild?
8.How is McCandless’s difficulty forgiving a driving force in his journeys?
9.How can McCandless’s Datsun symbolize his interpersonal relationships?
10.McCandless’s story, despite its tragic end, has inspired many copycats since the original publication in Into the Wild. Why might this be?